Millions of adults have already realized the incredible rejuvenating benefits after having undergone a facelift. The procedure is designed to create a younger and more refreshed facial appearance by tightening loose, saggy skin, smoothing out lines and defining the jawline.
If you would like to look like a younger and more attractive version of yourself, facelift might be a good option for you. Take a moment to learn what is involved with facelift surgery, as outlined by Dr. Samuel Pearl and Dr. Alexander Ereso. Continue reading “What Is Involved with Facelift Surgery in Mountain View?”
Facelift is one of the most popular procedures Dr. Samuel Pearl and Dr. Alexander Ereso perform at Pearl-Ereso Plastic Surgery Center. The procedure has the ability to turn back the clock and help you look as youthful and vibrant as you feel on the inside. If you are contemplating having a facelift, you may be curious how long the results generally last. Read on for the answer. Continue reading “How Long Do the Results of Facelift Last?”
A number of studies have shown that the more attractive a person is, the more likely they will be given opportunities for career advancement. Therefore, it is no wonder that people — especially those in the age range of 50 and over — have turned to plastic surgery to give them a more youthful, alert and confident appearance. But can having plastic surgery really help a person’s career? Dr. Samuel Pearl and Dr. Alexander Ereso of Pearl-Ereso Plastic Surgery Center helps to answer that question in this post.
Matching a Youthful, Competitive Environment
With more men and women in their 50s and 60s looking for work in a difficult job market, many of them are cognizant of having to compete with much younger applicants for jobs or promotions. Although age discrimination is illegal and unethical, many employers still often lean towards hiring younger people. For this reason, many people — both women and men —are taking extra steps to smooth out wrinkles and gain a more youthful, alert appearance. Even people as young as their 20s who are just out of college are using plastic surgery to make themselves more attractive for job interviews.
Better Self-Confidence to Propel You to the Next Level
Not only does our appearance have an impact on the world around us, it also fuels self-confidence, which often determines whether a person will put themselves out there for that promotion or ask for that raise. This is true for people of any age that wish to change something about their appearance that bothers them. A person who has had plastic surgery to enhance their appearance will more likely be able to look their boss in the eye, speak in a confident and relaxed manner and display other non-verbal communication cues that will cause their colleagues to pay more attention.
Popular Procedures for the Career-Minded
Recent studies suggests that the highest-ranking procedures for people looking to use plastic surgery as a means to further their career are:
- Facelift surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Brow lift surgery
- Botox injections
Learn about Your Cosmetic Enhancement Options
If you find yourself lacking confidence because of some aspect of your appearance, we can help you to look and feel your best with one of our cosmetic procedures, some of which involve no surgery or downtime. If you would like to learn more about the procedures offered at Pearl-Ereso Plastic Surgery Center, schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Samuel Pearl or Dr. Alexander Ereso by calling (650) 964-6600.
If you are looking forward to or considering facelift surgery, Drs. Samuel Pearl and Alexander Ereso of Pearl-Ereso Plastic Surgery Center want your recovery to go as smoothly as possible. We recommend preparing your recovery space ahead of time with essentials so that after you get home from surgery, you can focus on resting and recovering.
Here are 10 things to have on-hand as you recover from a facelift.
- Zip-Up Shirts or Hoodies. Make sure you have plenty of clean clothes for your recovery; the last thing you will want to do as you recover is laundry. Wash some shirts or hoodies ahead of time. Pick options that are loose and zip or button in front so you don’t have to put them over your head.
- Nutritious Snacks. After surgery, you will want to slowly ease back into eating soft, easy-to-digest foods. Think of comfort foods like soup, plain crackers, toast and Jell-O. Avoid salty foods, which can increase post-operative swelling.
- Prescription Medications. Fill all of your prescriptions ahead of time so you don’t have to make any last-minute trips to the drug store. Keep your instructions for taking the medication in clear view and set a cell phone alarm to remind you to take the medications so you don’t miss a dose.
- Water and Gatorade. It is crucial to hydrate yourself after surgery. Drink non-carbonated, non-caffeinated beverages like water and Gatorade as you recover. Aim for at least eight ounces every two hours. Avoid alcoholic beverages until the doctor clears you.
- Flexible Straws. Bendy straws make it easy to sip your beverages. Many of our plastic surgery patients tell us these are a must-have during recovery.
- Colgate Wisps. Colgate Wisps are a great way to brush your teeth and freshen your breath without getting off the couch or out of bed.
- Light Entertainment. Queue up some entertainment for the days you will be spending in bed or on the couch. Pick light and fun movies and television shows, or an easy-to-read book (avoid dramas — you want to keep your mood positive!).
- Probiotics or Laxatives. Thanks to the anesthesia and pain meds, constipation is common after surgery. Milk of Magnesia is helpful to gently get things going.
- Big Pillows. You need to keep your head elevated after facelift, even while sleeping. Propping yourself up on big pillows makes it more comfortable to rest and sleep in an upright position.
- Your Doctor’s Phone Number. Post the number of our office — (650) 964-6600 —on the fridge or program it into your phone so it is easily accessible. Don’t hesitate to call us if you experience a troubling side effect or have a general question during your recovery.
Contact Our Office
For more facelift recovery tips, please contact Pearl-Ereso Plastic Surgery Center today by calling (650) 964-6600.
A brow lift, also called a forehead lift or eyebrow lift, corrects the skin wrinkling and loss of tone that causes sagging of eyebrows and hooding of upper eyelids. A brow lift softens the deep creases across the forehead, reduces horizontal frown lines at the top of your nose and vertical lines between your brows. The result is a more relaxed and refreshed appearance. It is the only procedure that can increase the distance from the lateral brow to the upper eyelashes.
A brow lift is often performed along with a face lift or other facial rejuvenation procedures. Some people have brow lifts to correct aging problems, while others have inherited traits that cause them to seek treatment in their 20s or 30s. You may be a good candidate for a brow lift if you have any of the following types of conditions:
- If you have drooping lateral brows that are close to or below your orbital bony rim
- If you feel you always look angry or scowling
- If you like your appearance and your brows and eyelids when you pull up your forehead with your fingers at your hairline above your lateral brows
- If you desire the ideal benefits of facial rejuvenation and you are already considering a face and neck lift
For more information about the Brow Lift procedure, contact Dr. Pearl, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Mountain View, California.